A long-lasting and highly praised Civilization series is about to get even better. Beyond Earth is the first game in the series which sets you into distant space, giving you the ability to colonize worlds and build your civilizations in space. You can explore and colonize alien planets, research new technologies, amass huge armies, build Wonders, and shape the face of your new world.
- Seed the Adventure: Establish your cultural identity by choosing one of eight different expedition sponsors, each with its own leader and unique gameplay benefits. Assemble your spacecraft, cargo & colonists through a series of choices that directly seed the starting conditions when arriving at the new planet.
- Colonize an Alien World: Explore the dangers and benefits of a new planet filled with dangerous terrain, mystical resources, and hostile life forms unlike those of Earth. Build outposts, unearth ancient alien relics, tame new forms of life, develop flourishing cities and establish trade routes to create prosperity for your people.
- Technology Web: To reflect progress forward into an uncertain future, technology advancement occurs through a series of nonlinear choices that affect the development of mankind. The technology web is organized around three broad themes, each with a distinct victory condition.
- Orbital Layer: Build and deploy advanced military, economic and scientific satellites that provide strategic offensive, defensive and support capabilities from orbit.
- Unit Customization: Unlock different upgrades through the tech web and customize your units to reflect your play style.
- Multiplayer: Up to 8 players can compete for dominance of a new alien world. Mod support: Robust mod support allows you to customize and extend your game experience.
- Operating System: Windows Vista SP2 / Windows 7
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8 GHz / AMD Athlon X2 64 2.0 GHz
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: 256 MB VRAM – ATI Radeon HD3650 / nVidia GeForce 8800 / Intel HD 3000
- HDD: 8 GB HD
- Platform: PC
This game is absolutely going to be a smashing hit, as it not only has the best of previous Civilization titles but also brings in a ton of new and unique features. It’s definitely one of the games in 2014 you don’t want to miss out on so be sure to get it early!
Black Ops 2 was the expected new Call of Duty title to come out this year. It’s already breaking all previous preorder records set by this franchise which isn’t unexpected. However, the pre-order bonuses aren’t in my opinion nearly as good as you’d expect, especially from different retailers. Below you can take a look at Gamestop, Game, Best Buy and Amazon‘s bonuses and decide which one is best for you.
GameStop has tiered preorder bonuses, which will unlock over time. The first wave gets a double-sided poster featuring artwork from Black Ops 2. There will be three more waves of bonuses leading to the game’s release, but they haven’t been announced yet. As another bonus for Gamestop customers you can also get a Modern Warfare 3 prestige token if you’re a PowerUp rewards member.
- Price (PC): $59,99
- Preorder from Gamestop
UK retailer GAME also offers a prestige token for their customers. The prestige token unlocks a choice of either a weapon, double XP or a new class, or some other bonus.
- Price (PC): £39.99
- Preorder from GAME
Best Buy gave away dog tags for the first Black Ops title, and they are doing it again. This time it’s slightly different though, since the dog tags have the game’s logo printed on them. If you preorder online you’ll get the tags when you receive your Black Ops box, but you can preorder in their stores if you want to immediately.
- Best Buy Price: $59,99
- Preorder from Best Buy
Amazon usually has the best game preorder bonuses as evident from my numerous recommendations, but this time they definitely have the worst one. All you get from prepurchasing through Amazon is a downloadable Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 desktop wallpaper. In my opinion it’s definitely not worth it, as you’ll very likely be able to get the same just by doing a Google image search.
- Amazon Price: $59,99
- Preorder from Amazon
Even though we don’t even have all the bonuses yet, it’s clearly best to preorder Black Ops 2 from Gamestop. Amazon bonus is a huge disappointment, which is actually puzzling considering preorders from Black Ops 2 broken their every record and they expect it to be the bestselling game of all times. Fortunately you can easily compare the various bonuses offered on this site so make sure to pick one you want most.
Resident Evil 6 will launch on October 2 for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Capcom announced a PC version as well with this post saying that the company will be revealing more on that later. Along with a ton of news lately about the game, including an awesome trailer, we now know the preorder bonuses as well.
Unlike many other games, Capcom decided not to give a huge in-game advantage to customers who pre-order Resident Evil 6. However, that doesn’t mean getting an early copy of this game isn’t worth it.
The preorder bonuses come in the form of maps, and are different depending on which retailer you choose: Best Buy, Amazon or Gamestop. The maps are available for the Mercenary mode: if you’re not familiar with it, read the official description below:
The super-intense Mercenaries Mode lets you play as your favorite characters from Resident Evil 6 as you fight your way through hordes of enemies within a given time limit. Chaining together multiple kills and finding other surprises will help you reach the highest score and prove that you’re the world’s greatest mercenary!
Below are the maps for each retailer.
The map exclusively available to Best Buy customers is the Rail Yard. This is a multi-layer stage, where enemies can be found from inside the trains to the roof of the yard, and staying mobile is your best chance to stay alive.
Gamestop-exclusive map is The Catacombs, featuring dark tunnels and booby traps. One of the screenshots reveals a spike trap, which looks like a very interesting new element that will add some more thinking to the game.
High Seas Fortress map is available for Amazon customers and is my favorite map from these three. This huge map takes place on an aircraft carrier, and the official post states the players will hone their martial art skills, hinting on a bigger emphasis on melee combat. Interesting.
The High Seas Fortress map available from Amazon seems to be most exciting, so I’ll probably be getting it from there. Remember, the map you have access to depends on the retailer, so choose which you think is best. The other maps will be available later also, but will come at an additional price.
Which map will you be getting?
Funcom has finally opened pre-orders for their latest highly anticipated title The Secret World, and also revealed all the bonuses you can get for pre-purchasing.
Dark days are coming. All the myths, legends and conspiracies of the world are true. Three secret societies – the Illuminati, the Templar and the Dragon – are recruiting thousands of civilians from all over the world, civilians with extraordinary powers embedded in their DNA, to aid them in the war against darkness…and each other. The Secret World is a next-generation massively multiplayer online (MMO) role-playing game developed by Funcom and co-published by Electronic Arts.
- Conspiracies, Myths and Legends – Everything is true. A real-world, modern-day MMO reaching into legends and myths that unravels as the player progresses.
- No Classes, No levels – Be who you want to be, and play how you want to play. Hundreds of abilities and powers are available as you evolve your character without traditional level or class restraints.
- Join a Secret Society and fight in the Secret War with thousands of other players. As a member of the Illuminati, the Dragon or the Templars – fight together against the rising tide of darkness or battle against other players in massive PvP warzones.
- Epic storyline and missions. Unravel mysteries and conspiracies in one of the most engrossing stories ever told in an MMO, told through groundbreaking mission gameplay and overarching storyline.
- Incredible graphics. Enjoy ground-breaking graphics as The Secret World sets new standards for MMO visuals.
Pre-ordering The Secret World ($49.99) gives you access to these exclusive rewards:
- Guaranteed Early Access to the game, up to four days prior to the game’s official launch (If you pre-order you get at least one day (24 hours) of early access. Depending on availability you get up to four days. The availability is settled on a first come, first serve basis.)
- An exclusive in-game item providing an experience boost to progression
- An exclusive in-game t-shirt featuring a unique monster design
- A powerful pet (Ferocious Wolf, Egyptian Cat or Loyal Hound) to support the player in combat
- A head start on character naming before the game launches
Preorders are also open for optional packs, which include additional in-game items and gears. You can also check out the new Pre-order trailer here.
Initiate Pack - $14.99
- Blood Raven – social flying pet
- Faction Leather Jackets – 1 jacket for each faction
- Set of Weaponry
The Master Pack - $59.99
- 30 days of game time
- One additional character slot
- One additional name reservation prior to launch
- Set of Talismans – 7 total
- Experience potions – 10 potions
- Lifetime discount – 10% lifetime discount on all full-priced item store social clothing items
The Grand Master Pack - $199.99
- The Master Pack
- Life-time subscription
- Exclusive Snake Skin Jacket
This game is definitely worth preordering. Not only because it’s shaping out to be an amazing game, but also for the impressive number of really useful bonuses you can get. For those of you really eager to try this game and feel like you’ll be playing it for awhile, perhaps the Grand Master Pack is worth it, even though it’s pretty expensive. For preorders we recommend Amazon, which always has the lowest prices and fastest shipping.
The Elder Scrolls is one of the most known RPG games, especially the past two titles: Morrowind and Oblivion. The fifth one, Skyrim, is due for release on November 11.
The next chapter in the highly anticipated Elder Scrolls saga arrives from the makers of the 2006 and 2008 Games of the Year, Bethesda Game Studios. Skyrim reimagines and revolutionizes the open-world fantasy epic, bringing to life a complete virtual world open for you to explore any way you choose.
- Skyrim reimagines the open-world fantasy epic, pushing the game play and technology of a virtual world to new heights
- Play any type of character you can imagine, and do whatever you want; the legendary freedom of choice, storytelling
- Skyrim’s new game engine brings to life a complete virtual world with rolling clouds, rugged mountains, bustling cities, lush fields
- Choose from hundreds of weapons, spells, and abilities; the new character system allows you to play any way you want
You can preorder two different editions of Skyrim: Standard and Collector’s.
The Standard Edition costs $59,95 and contains a premium physical map as shown on the picture above. The offer is only valid on the link below.
Collector’s Edition of Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim has a few additions compared to the Standard Edition:
- Alduin Statue. Created in conjunction with the IP Factory, this collector’s only statue stands 12″ tall and is made of high quality PVC. Modeled from actual in-game 3D digital files, it showcases Alduin, the World Eater.
- The Art of Skyrim’ Official Art Book. Featuring over 200 pages of striking, full-color illustrations, sketches and models, this stunning 9 3/8″ x 12 1/8″ coffee table book showcases the characters, creatures, environments, and weaponry of Skyrim.
- The Making of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim’ DVD. This documentary DVD contains exclusive, behind-the-scenes footage, including interviews with the Bethesda Game Studios team.
It’s a hefty price increase, but if you spent months playing the previous Elder Scrolls titles, you probably won’t mind the price difference. It’s up to you!
Earth is burning. Striking from beyond known space, a race of terrifying machines have begun their destruction of the human race. As Commander Shepard, an Alliance Marine, your only hope for saving mankind is to rally the civilizations of the galaxy and launch one final mission to take back the Earth.
That, in short, is the story of Mass Effect 3. Developed by Bioware, this is bound to be a worthy sequel to Mass Effect 1 & 2. The game will be released March 6, 2012. It features numerous enhancements from previous titles, most notable improvements to combat, weapons, and powers. Exploration has also received some changes, and you will be able to travel freely more now.
Additionally, if you plan on playing ME3 on Xbox you’ll be glad to hear it now features amazing Kinect functionality as well, where you can give voice commands to your squad, choose dialogue options and more.
There are two editions of Mass Effect 3 you can preorder: Standard and Collector’s. The Standard Edition doesn’t contain any special bonuses (although if you preorder from the link below you get $10 off some other purchase), but the Collector’s Edition has the following:
- Premium metal case featuring commemorative artwork of Commander Shepard.
- 70-page hardbound art book featuring hundreds of unique and gorgeous illustrations from the BioWare development team plus an exclusive 4×6 lithographic print featuring a one-of-a-kind piece of artwork
- Limited edition Mass Effect comic by Dark Horse Comics, complete with unique cover artwork
- Join the ranks of the N7 with the premium fabric N7 patch
- A full collection of in-game content that can’t be found anywhere else!
Basically we recommend you get the Collector’s Edition, obviously because of all these special bonuses. The price isn’t much higher but it’s definitely worth it.
For almost a decade now Call of Duty has been topping the charts of game sales. It’s one of the best, if not the best FPS games ever released, and doesn’t need a special introduction. On November 8th, the best-selling first person action series of all-time returns with the epic sequel to the multiple Game of the Year award winner “Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.
Its epic singleplayer campaign with an amazing story, and the exciting multiplayer matches are all it takes for Modern Warfare 3 to top the sales charts once again.
- Epic single-player campaign picks up immediately following the thrilling events from Call of Duty 4 – Modern Warfare
- The definitive multiplayer experience returns, with a host of new perks and enhancements
- New cooperative Special Ops mode, the perfect combination of Modern Warfare’s single player intensity and the addictive replayability of its multiplayer
- Modern Warfare 2 contains new and updated weapons, new weapons attachments, and a variant of the multiplayer weapons customization system from Call of Duty 4, now available in the single player campaign
You can preorder Modern Warfare 3 here for only $59,99, and once again be a part of an epic experience.
TERA (The Exiled Realm of Arborea) is frequently advertised as the first true action MMORPG. Tera provides all the depth of any MMO–quests, crafting, an intricate plot, PvP, and more-combined for the first time with the satisfaction and skill of a console action game. No more are you confined to tabbing and then standing around and eating a sandwich while taking on a boss. You’re at the center of the action, hitting where you aim and reacting in real-time to dodge and move out of the way when attacked. In Tera, skill and substance combine for an entirely new MMORPG experience.
This game is being developed by Bluehole Studios and published by En Masse Entertainment. TERA is due for release on May 1st.
- Enter the world of Tera as one of seven player races, each with its own history, lore, and point of view. These are the races of the Valkyon Federation, leading the way into a new era of unity as they face a battle for their very existence.
- The eight player classes of Tera each contribute their own style of combat, their own method and approach to tactics, and their own unique abilities in solo and group play. Get to know them here-their fighting styles, their tools, and their talents.
- Tera is a world born of conflict. It’s a place where gods scheme, armies clash, and the world can change in the blink of an eye. Thousands of years have passed since the two titans, Arun and Shara, lay down and dreamed the world and its inhabitants.
- Your enemies are many and varied. Some are strong, some are intelligent-all are dangerous. Consider this your pre-mission briefing on beasts and bad guys. Get to know them, where they come from, and how they fight.
- The world of Tera began millennia ago when two titans of unimaginable power, Arun and Shara, met in a formless void. For reasons we can only guess, they fell asleep. And as they slept, Tera took shape around them.
There are three different editions of TERA you can preorder: standard, physical collector’s edition and digital collector’s edition. Standard Edition costs $49,99 and includes 30 days of game time. Digital Collector’s Edition, valued at $59,99, includes 30 days of free game time, as well as as Regal Frostlion Mount, and two different necklaces for your character:
- Velik’s Bloodstone Necklace
- Level 15+, Attack +21, Damage +8, Max MP +70, Attack Speed +4%
- Shakan’s Bloodstone Necklace
- Level 40+, Attack +91, Damage +59, Max MP +143, Attack Speed +6%
Physical Collectors Edition includes the most bonuses and costs $79,99. All the above contents are included, as well as the following:
- Letter of Marque
- Valkyon Federation Handbook
- Federation Issued Compass
- Map of TERA
- Original Soundtrack
In addition to the aforementioned, every copy gives you access to the early beta testing, and Early Name Reservation and Early Game Access. It’s up to you to decide which copy is worth it, but there really are some great bonuses included in collector’s editions.
Much like any MMORPG, TERA will get even more popular in the next few months, which will no doubt reflect the pre-order numbers as well. Be sure to secure your copy for the best price today. You won’t regret it!
Along with Call of Duty, Battlefield is the most popular FPS game currently on the market. The two camps have long fought over which game is better, and it’s simply a matter of personal preference. For those who prefer Battlefield 3, or those who just need a change take a look at the preorder bonuses below and get yourself a copy of one of the most anticipated games this year.
Battlefield 3 Features:
- Frostbite 2 – Battlefield 3 introduces Frostbite 2, the incredible technology that takes animation, destruction, lighting, scale and audio to new heights.
- Feel the Battle – Feel the impact of bullets and explosions, drag your fallen comrades into safety, and mount your weapon on almost any part of the terrain.
- Unparalleled Vehicle Warfare -— The best online vehicle warfare experience gets even better with a fitting sonic boom as fighter jets headline an impressive lineup of land, air and sea vehicles.
- Urban Combat – Take the fight to iconic and unexpected places in the USA, Middle East, and Europe including claustrophobic streets, metropolitan downtowns, and open, vehicle-friendly landscapes as you fight your way through the war of tomorrow.
- Other returning fan favorite features include 64 players for PC and prone.
If you pre-order from the link below (Amazon), you’ll get some pretty neat exclusive bonuses: Dog Tag Pack for multiplayer use as well as the Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand expansion pack for free. The expansion includes four legendary maps from Battlefield 2 boldly re-imagined in the Frostbite 2 engine, as well as Battlefield 2 weapons, vehicles, and unique rewards.
The number of copies are limited so we suggest you act quickly and preorder now. According to the reviews it’s not the best guide out there, but you can also pick up the official PrimaGames strategy guide for BF3.
Blizzard is well-known for releasing high-quality games. Their most popular franchises include Warcraft and Starcraft, but Diablo 3 is definitely not falling behind. The previous game has been played for a decade now, and despite being outdated in many ways its quality is undeniable.
Diablo III will certainly follow the footsteps of its prequels and will definitely be one hell of a game, no pun intended. Preorders are selling like crazy and with the recent news about it the hype is growing and growing.
Diablo 3 Highlights:
- Five different classes: Barbarian, Monk, Demon Hunter, Witch Doctor and Wizard
- Each class has over 20 different, unique skills
- Detailed crafting system
- Amazing Runestone system enabling you to make the most out of abilities you like best
- PvP system enabling you to test your skills against other players
- Auction House helps you buy and sell your shiny loot
- Followers system helps you defeat the toughest of monsters
Even if you’re not the biggest fan of RPG games, Diablo III is worth trying. From all the games of the similar genre that you could give a shot at, it’s no doubt best to start with D3, so be sure to preorder your copy now.